At Church Community Builder our goal is to “help churches grow disciples.” We create world class software and partner with churches to make an impact on the world and hopefully eternity. If you are excited about open source software, creative and simple solutions to complex problems, working with cloud technologies in a hybrid environment, and Jenkins is one of your best friends, we are the place for you! Working in Development Operations at Church Community Builder you will work with a talented, agile, autonomous team to deliver an amazing delivery pipeline for our software, work with our talented Software Developers to serve up high performing software, and become an expert in understanding our infrastructure. In addition, you will be part of a team of individuals that not only know how to work together, but play together. If you have mad Nintendo, and/or Ping Pong skills (or you just like to play hard) but also build a mean CI/CD pipeline, keep reading!
What You Will Do:
- Build next level DevOps tools using leading edge technologies
- Focus on a responsive and fast software delivery pipeline
- Collaborate closely with our Software Development team to deliver high performing software across entire LAMP stack
- Maintain a reliable and resilient LAMP, Nginx, and Redis stack for delivering our application
- Reduce and maintain MTBF, MTTR, latency, and load times
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 3+ years equivalent work experience
- Bash scripting and task automation proficiency
- Thorough working knowledge of Linux OS required (CLI, server installation, patching, selinux, iptables, logs, etc…)
- Understanding of MySQL databases and how to make them high performing and scalable
- Thorough working knowledge of ansible, jenkins, and other automation tools
- Adept at MySQL server configurations and management
- Adequate knowledge of PHP
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced AWS experience and knowledge
- In depth knowledge of Apache, Redis and Nginx, including strengths/weaknesses of various configuration options and engines
- Familiar with Postfix and how to best configure this email server for security, performance, and reliability; be comfortable configuring SPF records, DKIM, rDNS, feedback loops, and other sender reputation techniques
- Perl, Python exposure
- Working knowledge of APM and monitoring solutions including New Relic, Nagios, and MONyog
- Self-Awareness: Recognizes own strengths & weaknesses. Not defensive. Does not rationalize mistakes or blame others. Uses feedback mechanisms.
- Integrity: Does not ethically cut corners. Earns trust of co-workers. Puts organization above self interest. Inspires people to follow lead. Minimizes intimidation.
- Excellence: Sets high stretch standards of performance for self and others. Low tolerance for mediocrity. High sense of responsibility. Monitors client satisfaction (internal and external). Seeks simplicity.
- Resourcefulness: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A result-oriented “doer”. Reputation for not giving up and being passionate.
- Enthusiasm: Achieves cohesive, effective team spirit with others. Treats others fairly and respectfully. Shares credit. Exhibits dynamism, excitement, and a positive attitude. Encourages others to do the same, discourages cynicism.
- Leading Edge: Reaches out to peers. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for company. Constantly benchmarks best practices & expects others to do same. Leaves a current role better than when started.
- Track Record: Successful career history. Generally earns performance ratings of “excellent.”
- Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems & opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.
- Creativity: Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices. Shows imagination
- Judgement/Decision Making: Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity in decision making. Neither indecisive nor hip-shooter.
What You Will Get:
- Opportunities for growth & development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- All Staff Retreats
- Twice a month All Staff breakfasts or lunches
- James 1:27 - up to 5 consecutive paid days to serve widows, orphans or single parent homes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. Facility is normal office environment with variation of temperature and lighting.
Church Community Builder reserves the right to review and change all role descriptions, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective associate accordingly