A lot of places will use the quote "work hard, play hard" but here at Church Community Builder we really believe the best life is one that has balance. We are going to challenge you to take the bull by the horns each and every day as demonstrated in the work you create, as well as, the play you choose to join in. That’s why we do things like staff retreats, company meals, and many other opportunities to build lasting relationships. Want to know what the CEO is thinking? You can ask him in a weekly Q&A. When you need a break from, or inspiration for, creating exciting software and providing wickedly mind-blowing support, you can challenge a team member at ping pong or foosball, or rally a group to participate in a smashing game of Spike Ball. We work hard to create the culture that feeds innovation with expectations of high-performance through meaningful work. We are very serious about our software because of the lives we believe it could impact. Oh, and profit sharing is really nice too. This is why we look for people who love solving problems, love to engage in possibilities, and are hungry for results. If you have these qualities and are passionate about changing the world, we'd love to meet you!
- Work on a variety of features and cutting edge apps
- Partner with first rate developers while learning new skills and best practices
- Communicate with team members of all roles regarding architectural decisions, progress on implementation of a user story, providing relevant knowledge, etc.
- Perform work at the Church Community Builder office to ensure frequent communication
- Coach and mentor other personnel in subject areas in which you have expertise
- Provide feedback to team members and assist in their personal growth
- Participate in (and sometimes lead) project activities such as daily standup meetings, show & tell sessions, planning games, and the like
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all software development best practices and architectural guidelines
- Effectively develop software in a paired-programming model, where learning from and teaching each other is part of the culture
- Work hard and play hard
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Past experience working either web application development, mobile application development, or both
- Experience working in Agile, Scrum, Kanban or similar incremental, team based methodology
- Proficiency communicating (in English) verbally and in written form, both one on one and in a group setting
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART:
- Experience working with and building highly scalable systems - from code to data to infrastructure
- Experience in containerization with Docker and performance monitoring
- Past experience working in an XP environment that includes practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), paired programming, refactoring, and continuous integration
- Experience with AWS technologies commonly used in a typical LAMP stack (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, EC2, S3, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Twice a month All Staff breakfasts or lunches
- Company and Team Retreats
- James 1:27 - up to 5 consecutive paid days to serve widows, orphans or single parent homes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. Facility is normal office environment with variation of temperature and lighting.
Church Community Builder reserves the right to review and change all role descriptions, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective associate accordingly.